The Gardens of StoneBank is a beautiful and historic cemetery located on the corner of Hwy K and West Shore Drive in Stone Bank, Wisconsin. Its location is just to the west of Hwy 83 and is close to Moose Lake, North Lake and Okauchee Lake. The quaint 15 acres was established in 1847 on land donated by one of the area’s original settlers, John Ferguson.
At the time that the cemetery was established, most of the settlers came from England and Scotland and were farmers, millers, carpenters, merchants and pioneers.
The cemetery was previously named The Stone Bank Presbyterian Cemetery and was maintained and operated for many years by volunteers established by the Kettle Moraine United Presbyterian Church, which is located on the land adjacent to the cemetery. The cemetery has always been non-sectarian and open to all, but the church had taken the initiative to operate the cemetery Funds from sales of cemetery lots and donations made by the friends and families who have loved ones interred in the cemetery helped fund the operations for many years.